Throughout the month of June, SteelSeries is spotlighting LGBTQIA+ creators! Let's get to know Toph & Crev in our Part 2 article!
Rainbow Arcade's mission statement is beautiful yet simple: they believe in positivity in gaming and beyond. The team of LGBTQIA+ streamers believe in diversity and inclusion, empowering communities while making them safe, and yes, positivity! Their charitable work has supported the Trans Lifeline, The Trevor Project, and the World Wildlife Fund in Australia.
SteelSeries is proud of spotlighting these diverse creators throughout Pride month. Stay tuned to our socials and Twitch as we feature them throughout the month.
We're spotlighting members of the Rainbow Arcade each month, so take a quick look at their bio, and you never know, you may have found your new favorite streamer! Branch out and learn about someone new.
Toph is a queer variety streamer who loves Nintendo, indie and life sims games! He uses his platform to give people an escape from the real world, as well as a place to have fun and good conversations. While his streams are often cozy, he has chaotic "gremlin" energy in spades. You can often find him getting lost in games, voice acting, or sharing embarrassing stories. He also has a dog, Cookie, who is the real star of the channel!
Along with working with many brands, he has taken part in Twitch's Pride and Hispanic Heritage Month activations, guested on Twitch's The Weekly, and was recently nominated for LGBTQ+ Streamer of the Year at the Gayming Awards 2023. Toph uses his voice to advocate for minority groups and raise money for various charitable organizations such as The Trevor Project and Trans Lifeline. To date, he and his community have fundraised over $10.000!
Outside of streaming, Toph tries to find happiness in small things like reading and hiking. Mental health is very important to him and it's something which he talks about a lot on his channel. He believes that it's important to share his experiences in an attempt to bridge the gap between people and de-stigmatize conversations surrounding mental health.
Top 5 Games:
- Animal Crossing
- Resident Evil 2
- Tales of Symphonia
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Advice from Toph:
- Focus on playing what you like vs what's popular. Not all games are going to pull in the same viewership numbers but it's obvious to those watching whether or not you're enjoying yourself. The best parts of your personality will shine through when you're having fun!
- Consistency is key! Whether it be a consistent genre of games, schedule or stream length, having something your audience with which they can familiarize themselves will make it easier for you to build a community. Plus it will also be a healthier and more manageable system for you too!
- You set the precedent for your streams. Be clear and concise about your rules, expectations, boundaries, etc. from the very beginning and I promise you'll have a great with your community. Along with that, get a strong moderation team who will help you maintain a safe environment.
Crev is a half cam/half Vtuber Final Fantasy XIV and indie variety Twitch Partner who has carved a unique space for herself in the streaming world. As a retired United States Air Force Veteran, she brings a wealth of experience and resilience to her streams. Crev proudly identifies as bisexual, using her platform to promote inclusivity and representation within the gaming community. Her journey has been anything but ordinary, as she navigates life with various disabilities.
It is within this community that she fosters destigmatized conversations about physical health, mental health, and accessibility. Crev understands firsthand the challenges faced by individuals with disabilities, and she actively promotes a culture of understanding and support. Her streams provide a safe space for viewers to openly discuss and learn about various health-related topics, breaking down barriers and encouraging empathy among her audience.
Crev's impact extends far beyond the virtual world. By utilizing her platform, she actively advocates for increased accessibility in gaming and promotes the importance of mental health support. With having raised over $18.000 for various charities over the years, she continues to share causes she cares about and encourages her community to find a way to take part in causes they care about in both financial and non-financial ways.
Top 5 Games:
- Final Fantasy VII (OG and Remake!)
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Atelier Ryza
- Coffee Talk
Advice from Crev
- Authenticity is Key: Embrace your authentic self and let your unique personality shine through your streams. Viewers appreciate genuine and relatable content, so be true to who you are. Celebrate your queerness and create a welcoming space where others can feel comfortable being themselves.
- Take Breaks During Streams: Incorporate regular breaks into your streaming sessions. Use these intervals to stretch, hydrate, and recharge (great time for giving some pets some love). Taking short breaks not only prevents physical strain but also helps you maintain focus and energy throughout your stream.
- Seek Support and Community: Build a supportive network of streamer friends who understand the unique challenges of streaming. Engage in communities where you can share experiences, exchange advice, and find emotional support. Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals can help alleviate stress and foster a sense of camaraderie.