Just getting in to Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, the new Zelda game on Switch? Here's some helpful info to get you "hip hup hya" hacking and slashing your way to saving Hyrule.
All playable characters and how to unlock them
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity features of a full cast of characters that any Breath of the Wild player will likely recognize:
- Link - unlocked after the introductory mission
- Impa - unlocked after completing chapter 1, stage "The Battle of Hyrule Field"
- Zelda - unlocked after completing chapter 1, stage "Road to the Ancient Lab"
- Mipha unlocked in chapter 2, stage "Mipha, the Zora Princess"
- Daruk - unlocked in chapter 2, stage "Daruk, the Goron Hero"
- Revali - unlocked in chapter 2, stage "Revali, the Rito Warrior"
- Urbosa - unlocked in chapter 2, stage "Urbosa, the Gerudo Chief"
- Hest - unlocked in chapter 3, stage "Freeing Korok Forest"
- Sidon - unlocked in chapter 5, stage "Water and Fire"
- Yunob - unlocked in chapter 5, stage "Water and Fire"
- Teb - unlocked in chapter 5, stage "Air and Lightning"
- Riju - unlocked in chapter 5, stage "Air and Lightning"
- Master Kohga - unlocked in chapter 6, stage "Relentless as a Waterfall"
- King Rhoam - unlocked in chapter 6, stage "All Hyrule United"
- Great Fairies - unlocked after completing all four Fairy Fountain challenges
- Monk Maz Koshia - unlocked after completing the "Trial of the Ancients" challenge
- Terrako - unlocked post-game after collecting all 50 Terrako components
- Calamity Ganon - unlocked post-game after completing the “Versus Calamity Ganon” challenge. Read more about completeing this mission.
Is Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity multiplayer?
Yes, but only in split-screen for up to 2 local players.
Considering that the orignal Hyrule Warriors game was single player only, the game doesn't feel well optimized for two players:
- Co-op mode isn't unlocked until 1 player completes the first mission alone, which leaves player 2 watching and waiting
- The lagginess of the game is very apparent while in co-op mode
- Even on a big TV, each player has very limited vertical vision due to the top/bottom split screen
Overall, it's a fun game to play local co-op, but be aware of the downsides.
How does the multiplayer work?
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is available in local split-screen multiplayer. Two players each control a character, and also choose to swap mid-level to a 3rd, AI-controlled character.
For example, Player 1 is fighting as Link, Player 2 as Impa, and the AI controls Zelda. Let's say Player 1 switches to Zelda mid-battle; Player 2 now has the choice to switch to Link (or stay on Impa). With this system, either player can play as the 3 active characters in a level, and the game encourages players to swap around the battlefield and play as different characters.
Does Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity have online play?
No, and it's unlikely that this feature will be added in the future.
How big is Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity?
10,9 GB if you download the digital edition.
When was Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity released?
20 novembro, 2020, just in time for the holidays and great for anyone not currently on the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation trains.
Do you need to play Breath of the Wild first?
Age of Calamity is a story prequel to BotW, so plotwise you'll understand a lot more if you've played through Breath of the Wild. But realistically, you can enjoy the game as a hack and slash Zelda game with basically no knowledge of Breath of the Wild. It will also set you up well to play Breath of the Wild, if you haven't yet.
How to get the Training Sword and Pot Lid Shield bonus item
If the game detects that you own a copy of Breath of the Wild on your console, Age of Calamity will automatically reward you with the "Training Sword" for Link (despite it's name, a good starting sword!) after you complete the first level. Link will use the Pot Lid Shield when equipped with the Training Sword.
Nintendo has said the Training Sword may be available later as a paid DLC item.
How to get the soup ladle (Lucky Ladle) and Pot Lid Shield bonus item
This item is currently only available to those who pre-ordered Age of Calamity via the Switch eShop, but Nintendo has said it may also be available later as a paid DLC item. Like with the Training Sword, equipping the Lucky Ladle will also equip the Pot Lid Shield for Link.
Do you need to play Hyrule Warriors or Hyrule Warriors Legends before Age of Calamity?
The original Hyrule Warriors and it's updated ports (Hyrule Warriors Legends and Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition) occur outside the official timeline in which Breath of the Wild and Age of Calamity occur, so you absolutely do not need to have played any of the previous Hyrule Warrior titles in order to jump plotwise in to Age of Calamity. The main similarity they really share is gameplay style (and being a Zelda title, of course).
What genre is Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity?
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is classified as a hack and slash. This genre is also referred to as "musou", where your character tears through hundreds of enemies at a time.
Is there a demo of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity?
Sim! You can try out a demo version of the game by logging in to your Nintendo account. The demo allows you to play through Chapter 1 of the game with 3 of the initial playable characters, so it's enough of a demo to determine if you like the game or not.
- Como encontrar o presente perfeito para seus amigos de jogos
- Holiday Gaming Gift Guide 2020
- How to Unlock Calamity Ganon in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
- Best Gifts for Switch Gamers
Join the official SteelSeries Discord server!